CraniumDesigns
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Dec 1, 2008
- Messages
- 477
- Reaction score
- 2
- Location
- San Francisco Bay, CA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hey folks,
I currently have this tripod, the Manfrotto Mini...
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-785SHB-Modo-Photo-Video-Tripod/dp/B000FABL7Q/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1238666492&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Manfrotto 785SHB Modo Mini Photo-Video Grip Head Tripod: Electronics[/ame]
I love it, but it's a bit wobbly when shot in portrait mode, and it's too short when stood up all the way. I have to be squatting to look through the viewfinder.
I need something taller and more stable in the portrait orientation. Ideally, I would like a legs/head combo under $200. Any suggestions?
I currently have this tripod, the Manfrotto Mini...
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-785SHB-Modo-Photo-Video-Tripod/dp/B000FABL7Q/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1238666492&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Manfrotto 785SHB Modo Mini Photo-Video Grip Head Tripod: Electronics[/ame]
I love it, but it's a bit wobbly when shot in portrait mode, and it's too short when stood up all the way. I have to be squatting to look through the viewfinder.
I need something taller and more stable in the portrait orientation. Ideally, I would like a legs/head combo under $200. Any suggestions?
. It may be on the heavy side, but I don't know, as I've not had much experience with carbon-fiber models. The middle extension pole can be removed and used as a monopod as well. As for height, I think Shaquille O'Neal could use this tripod comfortably. I have been very happy with it.