Need a photo editor with a bit more resize & crop options

woodcycl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do some light Wordpress website design and development and am in need of a photo editor that allows me to more quickly and efficiently both a) size and b) crop photos utilizing pixels as units of measure. In other words, an app which allows me to enter the desired size (resize) of a photo AND then enable me to enter the final dimensions I need as a CROP where when I enter the crop dimensions in pixels, it draws the crop outline for me. Then, I should be able to move that defined size crop outline where I need it to provide me w/ the desired final results.

I have Photoshop Elements 7, but am not able to determine how to do the above after trial and error and searching online for instructions. It is close, but doesn't offer what I mention above. For example, the Resize / Image Size feature shows the Pixel Dimensions of a photo, but they are not editable. The Document Size is editable, but not in pixels ... only inches, cm, mm, points, etc. And, the crop feature doesn't allow me to enter a crop size in pixels and it create the appropriate sized crop outline.

I also use Irfanview, Picasa, and the SERIF Drawplus and Pageplus apps. I also have PS Lightroom 3 on the way. I do have a lot of RAW photos to work with.

I did find something "similar", but not exact in the online free editor at pixenate.com. But, I prefer to have all the controls of a desktop app.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Brian

Most reactions

Back