What's new

need a point and shoot recomendation

gorilladiver

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After a couple of close calls of dropping my Nikon D90, and getting soaked in the rain, while riding my horse, I'm looking for a point & shoot to take with me on trail rides. I need something small enough that it's easy to handle with one hand (so I don't have to let go of the reigns with my other hand), and cheap enough, (under $100) so that if it gets dropped or wet it won't be a major expense to replace. So what camera would give me the best value of quality and features for about $100 or less. Also do the newer point & shoots still have that horrible shutter lag like the early models?
 
The shutter lag on the newer P&S cameras that I've tried, isn't as bad as some of the older ones...but it's still there. I think a big part of that is the slower focus speed...so holding the button down with a half-press, to pre-focus, seems to help that issue. But that's not ideal for all situation.

I think that in your budget, most cameras will be pretty similar. Heck, many of the parts in those cameras are shared between the major companies anyway.

I have a little Canon Elph that functions as our family camera and it does the job well. I think it was $129 a few years ago.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom