Need a slideshow to put into webpage

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want a slideshow to automatically play on my homepage. I have simpleviewer galleries within my site but I want my welcome page to have a slideshow without thumbnails to play automatically when my site is viewed. How do I do this?

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some sort of Flash slide show would probably be the way to go. There are many different programs you can use to create a Flash slide show. You have to be careful of the file size though...because it can get pretty big, pretty quick.

I made a flash slide show for my web site, with Pro show Gold...but i could only make it very small because anything bigger would freeze up my computer...not sure if it what the limitation what though.

OP
D-50

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not to sound cheap but I guess it is cheap, I am looking for a free program that will make a simple, borderless flash slideshow with no thumbnails. I searched on the web but the free things I find have ridiculous borders an dconstantly change how the photos are shown(sometimes there is a fade, other times a photo comes in fron the side other times a photo disolves into the other) I want a standard look. I see many sites with them where can I find something simple?

dbrandon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.viaus.co.uk
Photos OK to edit
You could try http://www.flashnifties.com/xml_slideshow.php (the free version).

It is unlikely you'll find a professional looking one for free without some sort of watermark unfortunately :-(

SlideShowPro is probably one of the best (non-free) flash slideshow apps out there, and is great value for money (but you do need Adobe Flash to use it).

OP
D-50

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
after some messing around with flash slideshow maker pro I found a way to strip it down to more or less just the photos in a slideshow. I looks decent and even allows you to add music to the presentaion. I think it will work fine. The only thing is at the end of the show it has a logo pop up that say something like "powered by Flash Slideshow Maker" but its not that noticable, also I doubt people will watch the whole show, its more of a way to display a couple photos on my welcome page. I appreciate the advice on those other sites though.

Most reactions