Need a slideshow to put into webpage

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want a slideshow to automatically play on my homepage. I have simpleviewer galleries within my site but I want my welcome page to have a slideshow without thumbnails to play automatically when my site is viewed. How do I do this?

Some sort of Flash slide show would probably be the way to go. There are many different programs you can use to create a Flash slide show. You have to be careful of the file size though...because it can get pretty big, pretty quick.

I made a flash slide show for my web site, with Pro show Gold...but i could only make it very small because anything bigger would freeze up my computer...not sure if it what the limitation what though.

Not to sound cheap but I guess it is cheap, I am looking for a free program that will make a simple, borderless flash slideshow with no thumbnails. I searched on the web but the free things I find have ridiculous borders an dconstantly change how the photos are shown(sometimes there is a fade, other times a photo comes in fron the side other times a photo disolves into the other) I want a standard look. I see many sites with them where can I find something simple?

You could try http://www.flashnifties.com/xml_slideshow.php (the free version).

It is unlikely you'll find a professional looking one for free without some sort of watermark unfortunately :-(

SlideShowPro is probably one of the best (non-free) flash slideshow apps out there, and is great value for money (but you do need Adobe Flash to use it).

after some messing around with flash slideshow maker pro I found a way to strip it down to more or less just the photos in a slideshow. I looks decent and even allows you to add music to the presentaion. I think it will work fine. The only thing is at the end of the show it has a logo pop up that say something like "powered by Flash Slideshow Maker" but its not that noticable, also I doubt people will watch the whole show, its more of a way to display a couple photos on my welcome page. I appreciate the advice on those other sites though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back