Need advice on buying new Olympus

Nightsblood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From you Olympus users, are there any problems or regrets on your choice to go with Olympus? Im caught in a decision to go with either a Canon 20D or the Olympus E 510. You see some many great things on here about the Canons but, something is still pulling me towards the Olympus. The Olympus does come with two kit lenses that appear to be getting very good reviews themselves. Also, this four thirds thing has me on edge.

Can someone make this decision for me.....I got it down to two!

From you Olympus users, are there any problems or regrets on your choice to go with Olympus? Im caught in a decision to go with either a Canon 20D or the Olympus E 510. You see some many great things on here about the Canons but, something is still pulling me towards the Olympus. The Olympus does come with two kit lenses that appear to be getting very good reviews themselves. Also, this four thirds thing has me on edge.

Can someone make this decision for me.....I got it down to two!

I am no expert here, I am a newbie. Only gotten my Olympus E510 a week back. Was using point a shoot for a few years. Was contemplating on gettin a DSLR for years and finally bout the E510.

So far I am happy with the picture quality of the cam. Except the slow focus when there isn't enough light source, and the dull color (Have posted here for help before)

The color thingy can be fixed by turning of the noise filter (Or some other kind of function??? Cannot remember cos I do not have the cam with me right now).

After all, I am happy with this camera. For me, I will get something that fits my budget. Sometimes the brands ain't everything.

I'm in love with my Olympus E-500. I have no problem getting vibrant color, and slow focus has to do with lenses, not cameras.

I have the 14-54mm, 50mm f/2.0, and the kit zoom. You can look at some of my shots here:

http://cherie1h.smugmug.com

there are a few differences between the 500 and 510, namely the 510 has a couple more megapixels, live view, and image stabilization.

Most reactions

Back