What's new

Need advice on choosing camera

You can pick up a Canon 300D on ebay for $250-300 with the standard 18-55mm lens. The 300D isn't a high end DSLR, but for your budget and requirements it should work relatively well. It uses Compact Flash instead of SDHC, but you can get rather large CF cards. A lot of it's performance, like any SLR, is going to be based on the lens you have attached.

For that money, I'd look at something newer. I found a 30D in great conditions with an extra battery for $385 shipped. Bought it for a friend of mine.

Does the OP even need a DSLR? What about a Canon G9 or G11?
 
I don't know. It's hard to find point and shoots that have decent low light performance. The tiny lenses make that difficult. They also tend to be slower saving to the memory card. However, I haven't looked at point and shoots since I left Circuit City in 2008.
 
i believe that is their better/newest PS
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom