Amber J
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jan 2, 2011
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Florida
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I am looking to buy my first SLR camera. I only know the basic SLR jargon but am eager to learn more. With pocket cameras I like to shoot landscapes and night photos. The qualities I find most important in an SLR camera are:
-dust control
-image stabilization
-fast multipoint autofocus
-low noise at high ISO settings.
Bulkiness and the ability to shoot HD video doesn't really matter to me as I already have several other smaller cameras and an HD camcorder. I have a camera that has 6 megapixels so any camera above that is fine, however, I'm not obsessed with getting a camera with extremely high megapixels.
I've been looking at Nikons. I am somewhat confused when it comes to the differences of the D5000 and D3100. They are so similar so I want to get some opinions on them from owners.
I would love to get a D90, it's just a matter of money.
Any recomendations and insight would help greatly! Thanks!
-dust control
-image stabilization
-fast multipoint autofocus
-low noise at high ISO settings.
Bulkiness and the ability to shoot HD video doesn't really matter to me as I already have several other smaller cameras and an HD camcorder. I have a camera that has 6 megapixels so any camera above that is fine, however, I'm not obsessed with getting a camera with extremely high megapixels.
I've been looking at Nikons. I am somewhat confused when it comes to the differences of the D5000 and D3100. They are so similar so I want to get some opinions on them from owners.
I would love to get a D90, it's just a matter of money.
Any recomendations and insight would help greatly! Thanks!