What's new

need advice on the Canon 7D

supermanning

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 23, 2010
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
SoCal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
new to this forum, thanks for any advice!

Getting ready to upgrade my Rebel XTI to (most likely) the Canon 7D. I do quite a bit of sports photography, I have a Canon 70-200 2.8IS that I use for almost everything.
I also would like to get a smaller lens for general picture taking. That should use up my budget for awhile. What should I look at? thanks!!
 
Not sure what your actual budget is, have you looked at the 50mm f/1.4?
 
^^^ That's what I would get.
 
IS the 70-200 the only lens you have? If so, something in a more walk around range may be more useful. Maybe the 18-135, 17-85, or a 15-85mm might be a good fit?

A 50mm is a great choice, but if you want more range and a wider shot, the ones I mentined may work for you.

On a side not, I LOVE my 17-55 F2.8IS and 24-105F4L IS. Not sure on your budget, sop I listed a few lower cost general purpose lenses.
 
Once I sell my other camera, yes, the 70-200 will be all I have.
most of my budget is going to the camera. LOVE the 70-200, and use it for everything, but I would like to get a smaller lens for general use (if there is such a thing ;)
If I go with a 17-55 2.8IS, should I stick with a Canon lens, or look at other manufacturers?
 
I have the 17-40mm f4L. In my opinion one of the best buys in the "L" series.
 
ive been $$ shopping, I'd like to stay below $500 if possible. Looks like the 50mm 1.4 would be a great choice. Keeping my options open as this will be my only other lens for awhile.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom