Yes, that is one of the things that can be done using image editing software, though it is better to get it correct in the camera.Is there a way I can change the brightness on this picture???
Many new photographers use JPEG because it is usually the default format cameras are in when they are shipped.
Unfortunately, JPEG reduces the original image file size (by almost 80%) by discarding image data and is intended to be a final printing format. So JPEG images have very little headroom available for quality image editing.
It will be listed in your camera users manual. I'd bet your camera is already set for JPEG, but there are 3 quality levels: Fine, Normal, and Basic. I don't know what camera you have.Many new photographers use JPEG because it is usually the default format cameras are in when they are shipped.
Unfortunately, JPEG reduces the original image file size (by almost 80%) by discarding image data and is intended to be a final printing format. So JPEG images have very little headroom available for quality image editing.
So which setting for that do I use?