NEED ADVICE!

monicarrt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A family told me a very detailed picture that they would like to honor their deceased son. They lost him 2 years ago. She wanted the fishing pier with his brothers, his favorite fishing gear, and the deceased sons reflection in the water. Ive created that but feel like it is missing something. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I edit in Lightroom.

Attachments

• 138.1 KB · Views: 121
I'd try to distort the son's reflection in the water. The perspective doesn't match the lake, it looks like the face is a ghostly visage. If you can't retake the photo: I'd also straighten out the horizon first, and maybe very lightly dodge the lower-left corner of the boy in the striped shirt - it seems unevenly lit. If you can retake the photo, then try adding some more light instead of dodging, and straighten the horizon on-site.

You are great for doing this I will be brief- Truth is what photography conveys- the goal is to convey the truth of the Families love-
--imagine this- Lower left father and mother sitting upon pier- backs leaned against something not movable- legs outstretched- you shoot it from the side- they have loving embrace over looking the lake- above there L shaped position the lake reveals the THREE boys (together )reflection with fishing gear smiling at them--
The goal is to bring them All together- it is the truth of the memory and desire-- if mom and dad are not together other family or friends can substitute and the embrace of the parents can change to another appropriate postion- This is your chance to bring them (especially the boys) together, again.------

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back