Need budget tripod.

Guinness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently bought a tripod from Jessops for around £60, it's their own brand (model: 327)http://www.jessops.com/search/viewproduct.cfm?product=JESTP327&WID=0 (It's priced cheaper on their site:grumpy: )
Whenever I put my camera on the head, it tilts under the weight and i'm left looking at a very crooked horizon, It is a fault with the tripod although I no longer have the box for it so doubt I can return it.

Anyway, before I go and buy a new one I was hoping for some recommendations, I don't mind spending a little more than I did on this one and I would like something with roughly the same features and height (except spirit level).

Thank you,
Steve.

I recently bought a 150cm Adox brand tripod from these people:

http://www.retrophotographic.co.uk/

It cost £38 but was reduced from about double that because of a fault with the spirit level. It is virtually all aluminium, very solid, and the head looks like either a very close copy of an older Manfrotto model, or possibly a rebadged Manfrotto. Who cares, it's a good head and at that price you can't go wrong.

Look in the studio & darkroom menu on the website.

Thomsk

Cheers Thom I'll take a look, the head on my Jessops is tacky plastic so really bendy. I will be looking for an aluminium one.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Good quality heads often come separate from the legs...but be prepared to spend some money to get a good one.

There are three main criteria. Weight, Sturdiness & Affordability (price). You can usually get two out of three...but not all three.

Manfrotto is a big name in the tripod world. Great equipment, check it out.

I've got a Velbon (440, I think). It's a cheap one with built-in plastic head but it works good and is light. Not very sturdy though.

I've also got some Manfrotto legs and a Camron ball head that are much more sturdy but quite heavy.

Most reactions

Back