What's new

Need c&c on PS edit and crop

clay.perry

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 16, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
North Carolina
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First try at ps editing today. Just a back yard photo of a family member on turkey day. I am still trying to figure out that rule of thirds.

Thanks
Clay

1
IMG_1466.jpg


2
IMG_1466acrop.jpg
 
I like the crop though I wish there would have been a little bit more of the model in the picture instead of cutting off her left a bit. The bokeh, however could be a little bit better. The grass in the foreground could be a little less blurry and I think I can see a little bit of blur in the models hair. Down on the right side of her hair, is that line from the pen tool? where you tried to isolate the subject from the background?
 
You did good with the crop.

The pose sucks, but that's a different issue though it is hosing your composition and making it difficult for you to use the ROT.

The girl's shoulders should be on an angle to the image sensor plane, about 45 degrees. A diffuser camera left could have toned down that harsh side light so you could have gotten an exposure on the side of her face that wasn't so hot. The horizon in the background is tilted and a bit busy. It draws attention away from your model.

::trainwreck:: mentioned bokeh, but I don't think he is using the term in the right way.

It is desireable to have the background out-of-focus in many types of images. That is not bokeh.

Bokeh is the visual quality of a blurred background and is entirely a function of the lens used. Good bokeh is promoted by the number and shape of the aperture blades in the lens.

There are 2 kinds of bokeh. Regular bokeh and Hollywood bokeh.

Regular bokeh is very smooth and creamy whereas Hollywood bokeh is large bright dots, like from heavily blurred lights.

At any rate, I hope that all helps.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom