Need Camera Suggestions.

Palgie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shootex.com
Hey,

I currently have a s9500 SLR camera and i am looking for another camera for action photos i have looked around and i cant decide on what to get, could anyone suggest a camera?

Things im looking for.

• Fast Shooting (low shutter lag etc)
  • High MP 6+
  • SLR Camera
  • Ability to have filters and lenses.
Thats pretty mutch it, DC Charger is a bonus :)

Thanks,

Palgie.

Any entry level dSLR will do.

Canon Rebel XT

Nikon D50

With lenses though, both these cameras will probably cost 500 - 600 bucks.

Any dSLR will allow you to mount different lenses and use filters. None of them will have shutter lag of the kind you get with fixed-lens models. Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony... any of their current or even previous models fit those criteria. Try narrowing down yout requirements a bit.

If you are looking for fast continuous shooting, then you may want to rethink you choices. There are prosumer cameras and pro cameras. the pro cameras are targeted to 2 demographics: Studio/wedding and photojournalist/sports. The first mentioned pro class is made for high image quality but lacks in speed. The second mentioned pro class is made for acceptable image quality in a fast paced work environment. The prosumer cameras are not up to to par with the pro cameras, but the features are not very far behind and may still be adequate for what you need. Good luck

I got the impression that what was wanted was fast general operation as opposed to the delays of point-&-shoots (for example shutter delay was mentioned) rather than fast continuous shooting. But even if you wanted continuous shooting the Sony and many others will offer 3fps, unlimited with Jpeg. That may not be as fast as the 10fps on a high-end pro model but it's still more than adequate for most purposes and certainly an improvement on what one would expect from a compact model.

I have looked over the internet and i found SONY DSLR-A100

Which seems a great camera for me thanks for the help :hail:

Palgie

I recently got the a100, I love it :heart: I just need to learn its features a little better, i've been using film for so long :p

I too got the a100 recently and i love it its not a nikon or canon but it does the trick.. i really like the built-in image stabilization and its perfect for an entry level dslr

I love my alpha too, its a great camera. Recently though, the shutter button has been sort of "sticky" ... it doesnt always spring right back up after being pressed, like theres something in there thats making it stick... does anyone have any suggestions to clean that? The alpha is a real nice camera, it was camera of the year in Pop-Photo magazine in 2006, and its number 5 in the list of best DSLRs, or most popular or something. If you want somethign that is fast, this one will do it, but there ARE faster cameras out there... for example, canon is comming out with a 10fps model.... thats a roll of film about every four seconds.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back