Need feedback on first shots..

abhishekdg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi friends,
With all help of this site, go my first Nikon D90 with 35mm f1.8g prime lens..Couldn't resist taking pics after receiving the cam 2 hours back..
All the pics have been taken either in Aperture Priority or Manual Mode..
Need your honest feedback and critique so that i can enhance my novice skills..

$DSC_0008.jpg$DSC_0007.jpg$DSC_0006.jpg$DSC_0003.jpg$DSC_0001.jpg$DSC_0011.jpg

f/2 f/5.6 f/1.8 f/1.8 f/1.8 f/2.8
1/125 1/160 1/500 1/800 1/5 1/160
ISO-200 ISO-200 ISO-200 ISO-200 ISO-200 ISO-640

Last edited:
I like the colors in the first photo but wish the flower was more in focus. They all look a little soft and out of focus.

Also --- Posting how you shot the photos... Aperture/ISO/Shutter speed will help others give you helpful information. I'm still learning so I'd wait for others to comment, but you should try not to shoot wide open ((use a higher aperture #) and bump up your shutter speed to help with the focus issues.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.. well have updated the settings as mentioned.. Looking for some more feedbacks

Don't post such tiny pictures, it is impossible to give any reasonable feedback on individual issues when the picture is so small.

Items you might think about.

why should anyone want to look at this picture?
what did I want people to think about it?
is there lots of empty space that doesn't do anything?
does the picture give an impression of some sort?

Go to large photobucket picture.
right click.
'copy link location'
click on picture icon above (third from right in second row)
choose url
uncheck 'retrieve remote file' option below and press enter.

and there it is.
Post one or two not a bunch.
tell us what you like about it.
why you took it and what you think is wrong.

DSC_0003.jpg

Well here are the perhaps 3 images I would like to share an have honest feedbacks.
Main reason for the pictures is just that I have got my hands onto my first DSLR and hence want to know about to shoot with these. Ofcourse want to grow in my hobby and turn it into a passion and hence all harsh comments are also welcome.

1) Saw this beautiful sculpture near to my house in the tree shades.
Camera settings :- f/2.2 , 1/640,ISO - 200

DSC_0025.jpg

2) Wanted to try out Bokeh and hence got this picture :-
Camera settings :- f/1.8, 1/1600,ISO - 200

DSC_0022.jpg

3) Liked how the trail went off Liked the all green nature :)..
Camera settings :- f/5.6,1/200,ISO - 200

DSC_0028.jpg

Abhishek,

I see much talent in your images.... but when you post these much images together, it is difficult to criticize them together
if you tell many jokes together there will be only one laugh ;)
In the first set of images you placed your main object at the center of the picture which is generally unwelcome; but in your new set you corrected it; all your images have rich colors which i like very well.....

Regards :D

Thanks a lot for your feedback..
Well was tweaking with my tripod to see how it works..Ofcourse its one of those free ones you get in a package ..Nothing special, but here is a pic I took this evening and thought it looked good.So wanted to share :-

DSC_0040.jpg

Hey thanks a lot.. Well tried my hands at long exposure at night and here's what is the outcome :-

DSC_0021-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back