Need Opinions

Fundlew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I bought my first DSLR. It was a used Canon t7 body with no lens.
I know I would like to travel and photograph barns and travel photos.
This is my retirement hobby and I am just doing this as a hobby.
I not sure I need to buy the kit lens and think I am going to buy these lenses in this order.
1. Canon 50mm F/1.8
2. Canon 24mm F/2.8
3. Canon 70-300mm F/4-5.6
I was wondering if I am on the right track and if you have any opinions on my list, the order buying or other reccomendation.
Do I need to buy the kit lens?
Thank You

I bought my first DSLR. It was a used Canon t7 body with no lens.
I know I would like to travel and photograph barns and travel photos.
This is my retirement hobby and I am just doing this as a hobby.
I not sure I need to buy the kit lens and think I am going to buy these lenses in this order.
1. Canon 50mm F/1.8
2. Canon 24mm F/2.8
3. Canon 70-300mm F/4-5.6
I was wondering if I am on the right track and if you have any opinions on my list, the order buying or other reccomendation.
Do I need to buy the kit lens?
Thank You
You understand that the T7 is an APS sensor body with a 1.6 crop factor. As such the 50mm and 24mm lenses you've listed do not have FF equivalent angles of view.
On a FF camera body like the 5D the 50mm lens will have approx. 46 degree angle of view but on your T7 that reduces to 30 degrees.
The 50mm lens on a FF camera is consider normal. On an APS camera like the T7 a normal focal length lens would be a 32mm.
On a FF camera body like the 5D the 24mm lens will have approx. 84 degree angle of view but on your T7 that reduces to 59 degrees.

The standard kit lens for your T7 is an 18-55mm zoom. A used one will cost considerably less than $100.00. The angle of view range that zoom will provide is between 28 to 74 degrees.

You understand that the T7 is an APS sensor body with a 1.6 crop factor. As such the 50mm and 24mm lenses you've listed do not have FF equivalent angles of view.
On a FF camera body like the 5D the 50mm lens will have approx. 46 degree angle of view but on your T7 that reduces to 30 degrees.
The 50mm lens on a FF camera is consider normal. On an APS camera like the T7 a normal focal length lens would be a 32mm.
On a FF camera body like the 5D the 24mm lens will have approx. 84 degree angle of view but on your T7 that reduces to 59 degrees.

The standard kit lens for your T7 is an 18-55mm zoom. A used one will cost considerably less than $100.00. The angle of view range that zoom will provide is between 28 to 74 degrees.
Thank You, very helpful

Most reactions

New Topics

Back