Need Firmware update help on D7100....

DaPOPO

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
goldshieldphotos.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, guys, this should be simple, but I am messing up somewhere and I can't figure out how. I am trying to update the original firmware of my D7100. I followed all of the instructions on the Nikon web site.

I formatted the SD card in the camera.

I downloaded the update.

I ran the update to get the D7100 update folder.

The update is not in the bin file, but on the card (Root directory).

I place it in the camera, go to firmware version and I don't get the update bar...

I watched the angry photographer video and as far as I can tell I am doing putting the update on the SD card correctly. Here is a snippet of what the file looks like on the card. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

d7100 firmware update.PNG

Hmm, from my understanding of this process ...
Download .exe to folder on PC
Run .exe and it will extract a .bin file
Copy .bin file to SD card into root directory
The Camera Update option should read the SD card and see the .bin file.

Hmm, from my understanding of this process ...
Download .exe to folder on PC
Run .exe and it will extract a .bin file
Copy .bin file to SD card into root directory
The Camera Update option should read the SD card and see the .bin file.
Your correct, the bin file is in the d7100 update folder.
I have tried it with all three files on the SD card.
I tried it with just the DCIM and the D7100 update file.
I tried it with just the D7100 update file itself.

I then opened the D7100 update file and tried it by itself...
D7100binfile.PNG

Don't want to assume anything. But you weren't specific. You can't do this straight to the camera. A card reader of some sort is needed. Just trying to help.

Looks like you're copying the .exe file to the card. You need to extract the .bin file, then copy that to the card. Make sure it's not put in any other files/folder. Go to about 6 minutes.

Are your batteries fully charged? The camera will not allow you to update the firmware if the batteries are low.

Don't want to assume anything. But you weren't specific. You can't do this straight to the camera. A card reader of some sort is needed. Just trying to help.

Looks like you're copying the .exe file to the card. You need to extract the .bin file, then copy that to the card. Make sure it's not put in any other files/folder. Go to about 6 minutes.

Thanks, got it done!!!!! You are the man RowdyRay!!!

Glad I could help.

Just a side note, the firmware upgrade 1.04 caused some problems with Sigma lenses and autofocus. Basically it makes autofocus useless. You could send you lenses back to Sigma or just roll back to 1.03.

Just a side note, the firmware upgrade 1.04 caused some problems with Sigma lenses and autofocus. Basically it makes autofocus useless. You could send you lenses back to Sigma or just roll back to 1.03.
Thanks, for the info, but I don't own any sigma lenses

I have upgraded my D7100 to firmware Rev 1.04. When using Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC (OS)* HSM and am not observing any autofocus issues (yet). Could you be more specific on what the autofocus issues with Sigma lenses?

Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back