What's new

NEED HELP! CF MEMORY CARD IS NOT WORKING!

BrianLy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
298
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought my ScanDisk CF Ultra ll 15 MB/s less than 2 month ago and now it is not working. 2 Days ago it was acting funny on me when I try to upload pictures. Today when I try to see what was wrong with it, my D200 won't read it and it says CHA on the top LCD and my computer will not read it either. I need it for tomorrow's Christmas Party too.
 
Have you tried to format it? Hopefully that will do it, I reformat the card every so often. Is it a true Sandisk card vs a possible knock off, Sandisks are know to be very reliable. Other than reformat the only thing to do is to purchase a new one.
 
I can not reformat it, if my computer and camera can not read it.
 
Can you try it with any other readers?
Have you damaged any of the pins in the card?
 
Sounds like its time to find the recipt and send it back. I just recently had my first card failure at work. A piece of our video boroscope tools use the older long Sony memory sticks to store pictures and video on. Out of I bet 20 name brand and no-name memory cards that I have, some over 15 years old. The only Sony memory stick I have failed a week and a half ago. I would only hold about 5 meg of information (1gb stick). No matter if I formatted or not. 5 meg was all it would hold.

If your card is failing within 2 months. I would send it back right away.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom