Need help choosing a picture for Wildlife contest

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm entering a local wildlife photo contest. I can only submit 1 entry. Suggestions?

$SNO_8198-3.jpg

$SNO_0419-3.jpg

$snowy.jpg

I think I would take the snowy owl picture and rotate is counter-clockwise just a tiny bit, to get the eyes level, and then enter that shot. The otter with the bluegill is pretty unusual, but looks just slightly soft at the size shown; the osprey + fish is very commonly-seen, and is less out of the ordinary than the owl photo. Pluuuus, your handle is MSnowy...I mean....c'mon...ya' gotta go with the snowy, Snowy.

I think I would take the snowy owl picture and rotate is counter-clockwise just a tiny bit, to get the eyes level, and then enter that shot. The otter with the bluegill is pretty unusual, but looks just slightly soft at the size shown; the osprey + fish is very commonly-seen, and is less out of the ordinary than the owl photo. Pluuuus, your handle is MSnowy...I mean....c'mon...ya' gotta go with the snowy, Snowy.

+1 to all this!
The osprey shot is good and its got that great halo of watersprinkles in the air that I think adds a lot to it - but it is very "done". The snowy owl is far more unique and I would say also has a lot more character to the animal with that gaze than the other two which I'd say are more solid documentary type photos.

They are all great shots, but I'd see the snowing winning more so than the others.

+1 to all this!
The osprey shot is good and its got that great halo of watersprinkles in the air that I think adds a lot to it - but it is very "done". The snowy owl is far more unique and I would say also has a lot more character to the animal with that gaze than the other two which I'd say are more solid documentary type photos.

They are all great shots, but I'd see the snowing winning more so than the others.
I agree as well. #3 is gorgeous and is head and shoulders above the other two in my opinion.

Definitely the owl. Derrel's suggestion to level the eyes may pay off too. Try it, you might like it.

I agree with everyone else that has suggested the owl. It instantly stood out to me. Really well done shot !!

If you want to diddle further with #3, minimize the green area above its head.

Really too bad about that one stalk in front of its face.

That stalk could be removed using a combo of the clone and heal tools - that said chances are most competitions won't allow that level of editing. It is a small niggling point, but for a wild shot and if under the restriction of no heavy cloning its more than acceptable

Thanks. #3 is the one I have printed for the contest. It is my first choice but then I started debating #1 the last few days. I'll change the eye level on the owl and have another one printed.

+1 to all this!

+1 to all this!

I agree as well. #3 is gorgeous and is head and shoulders above the other two in my opinion.

#3 for me. Winner.

Definitely the owl. Derrel's suggestion to level the eyes may pay off too. Try it, you might like it.

I agree with everyone else that has suggested the owl. It instantly stood out to me. Really well done shot !!

Thanks everyone, looks like Snowy is the one.

LOL I really dig #3

#3... per the concensus!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back