Need help could anyone shed some light.....

Ron78

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I came accross these photos taken around dublin and I was wondering what kind of camera and lens the guy was using as they seem to be really clear but also he seems to be able to capture a lot. Please take a look and see if you can shed some light - http://www.citywestonline.com/pages/gallery/cat/2

He's using a Canon EOS 1D s; it doesn't specify what the lens was, but the focal length was 70mm at f 4.5. I'm going to assume since it was a 'pro' body, he was likely using an 'L' series lens. Hope that helps.

the EOS 1Ds is a great Studio camera, but I wouldnt take it out on the street. For street work I would use the EOS 1D, assuming I had unlimited funding of course.

Thanks for the advice. it has been a great help.:thumbup:

This camera is way too expensive for me, I believe they are about 5000 euro. is this right.

This camera is way too expensive for me, I believe they are about 5000 euro. is this right.

If you know what you are doing you can get photos that look as good or better than what's at that link with a $400(US) Canon Rebel XT or sub $100 35mm SLR. If you don't know what you are doing then an $8000 DSLR isn't going to help you.

Gear is fun, but it really is the gear operator that's most important.

If you know what you are doing you can get photos that look as good or better than what's at that link with a $400(US) Canon Rebel XT or sub $100 35mm SLR. If you don't know what you are doing then an $8000 DSLR isn't going to help you.

Gear is fun, but it really is the gear operator that's most important.

I totally agree - well put! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back