Need help desperately.

mishhh_el

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi!
So I have had my nikon D7000 for about 8 months now and I've run into a snag.. I like to think I know my camera pretty well and I have shot in these modes countless times. In my S and M modes my pictures are coming out extremely dark! I have reset my shooting modes and it doesn't seem to be working. Just hoping a second, third or fourth pair of eyes can help see my mistake? Attached are the same shot in Aperture priority and in Manual. Please help!!

Attachments

• $photo-1.jpg
    $photo-1.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 98
  • $photo-2.jpg
    $photo-2.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 113
1) you are shooting manual mode at 1/8000th of a second where in A it selected 1/6th of a second Big Giant Difference!

In Manual mode you also have to dial in the shutter speed 2nd command wheel.
Look at the meter at bottom of viewfinder and dial it in adjusting the aperture or shutter speed so it's zero balanced on the meter.

2) Why is your Exposure +/- set to +1.7? Zero that back to 0

Thank you so much! Literally as soon as i hit post i saw my setting! I was at a hockey game last night and it was so crazy that it was hard to sit and figure it out! But thank you!!

I am - was in same boat.... Trying to use anything but Auto on my 7000, and at times was getting just a dark photo. Was using Aperture mode most of the time, but when experimenting with other modes, was a shot in the dark..ha.
Thanks for the help.
Nancy

Yeah, that 10 and 1/3 stop under-exposure is a killer...

Use the in camera metering. That'll give you an indication of whither your shot is properly exposed. Then learn the difference between metering modes and learn to use exposure compensation. that should solve your problems.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back