Need help IDing a lens, I think

marty552

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Mods and Admins

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. Please move it if needed and PLEEEZE don't remove it. Thanks!

Hello everyone. New to the board. Inherited a lens from my father a couple years ago. Want to start a film camera hobby and would love to have this in my "collection" of gear. Only problem is that I'm pretty new to this sort of thing. I think it is a Asanuma 90-230mm lens. Is that the proper name for it? Am I missing anything in it's name? I want to keep it and intend to use it (sentimental). Any ideas on the mount? I think it's Minolta. Are the mounts easy to change? I'm sure I have to get it cleaned as it has sat unused for 20 years or more. Thanks for any help in IDing it for me. Looking forward to a great stay here!

Here are some pics (taken with my wife's Canon Elph! LOL) Sorry in advance if they are too big. I'll take them down soon after any help:
IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

You're right; it's a 90-230mm f4 zoom lens, meaning that it has a focal length range of 90-230mm with a constant aperture of f4 throughout the range. This is a 'third-party' lens, that is, one made by a company that specialized in generic lenses. I'm not familiar with the optical quality, but I suspect it's at least decent. From the appearance, I'm guessing this is a mid 80s vintage piece of glass. I believe you're right on the mount being Minolta, but I can't swear to it. They're usually easy enough to change, but finding the mount to fit your camera may be a challenge.

These guys may have more info. On the list is Asanuma & Co Ltd, so maybe worth getting in touch with them direct. It certainly looks like a minolta mount, tho the 'M/SR' monogram on the mount might be a bit of a red herring, as if memory serves the SR had stopped being made by the late 60's, and as Tired says it looks like an 80's lens.

Thank you for all the great replies! You are all awesome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back