Need help please

rainchild

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have hired a professional photographer to do some shots for my rock band. Problem is a lot of the shots are overdone like railroad tracks shot or in front of a dilapidated building brick wall shot. I need to think of something unique and different but still conveys the fact we are a rock band. Does anyone know of any locations or ideas for some concept shots for a rock-n-roll band? if you could send me links or give me the name of the place to google indoor our outdoors it doesnt matter all thoughts are welcomed. Thank you for your help on this issue. This is for Housto nand surrounding areas.

Last edited:
You could try building a model of Stonehenge.. or dress the band up as the animals of the zodiac maybe (i have no idea how much that would cost!) ;) just sayin..

.....Problem is a lot of the shots are overdone like railroad tracks shot or in front of a dilapidated building brick wall shot. I need to think of something unique and different but still conveys the fact we are a rock band......
Well so many of the same backgrounds are used because your band represents a fairly narrow genre of music that has been around for 60 years now.

Since you are in Houston I would suggest looking for locations around Galveston Bay and go for a nautical/industrial background.

This is something you need to discuss with your photographer too.

like on a ledge or somethin, lookin bada$$

You could come to Austin Tx. Thats where I am from, I have shot a ton of bands around here and depends on what you are going for that would decide a locatoin. Possibly try using something tying into your upcoming single or album.

you can nail all your furniture to the ceiling and take a picture... kinda like i seen on some vh1 behind the music thing about a band doing that in a hotel room :p

If your band identifies with the Houston area, then try to use some iconic location from there. Does your 'flavor' of R&R exemplify your region? Such as Austin is known for it's Texas style rock/blues, or Nashville for, well you know.

Maybe get up high on a building with some acute downward angles. Or go for mostly a silhouette look.

I have hired a professional photographer to do some shots for my rock band. Problem is a lot of the shots are overdone like railroad tracks shot or in front of a dilapidated building brick wall shot. I need to think of something unique and different but still conveys the fact we are a rock band. Does anyone know of any locations or ideas for some concept shots for a rock-n-roll band? if you could send me links or give me the name of the place to google indoor our outdoors it doesnt matter all thoughts are welcomed. Thank you for your help on this issue. This is for Housto nand surrounding areas.

DUDE!

So us a current picture of ya'll. Give us a link to hear some of your tunes. It would be eaier for us to get an idea of who ya'll are. I've always liked photos of rock bands in totally odd places where they stand out like a sore thumb.

Most reactions

Back