Need help with lighting

CSRDesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Into_the_Vein_by_astro308.jpg

Just a photo I took in my room ***IT IS NOT REAL NOR DO I ENDORSE THE USE OF ILLEGAL DRUGS***... I used a elastic bandage to tie off my arm and held a Meat Tenderizer Needle to my arm. As I said it was a staged photograph. I really need to know how to do lighting. Anyone that can help me tell me how I should set up the lights for this. I want to redo it but i kinda like how it is now. The yellow and the red are a bi-product of using the brightness contrast in photoshop, I am not a big fan of it but I sorta like it.

Can anyone help?

-Matty R-

I guess, to me, it depends on how you want it to look. Where you want the ofcus to be, or what you want to stand out. Do you have any lighting equipment? What did you use for this? Kinda looks like a desk lamp, but I don't know what the hell i'm talking about

so, what do you want different about it? what direction? specular or diffused?

For the subject I think the lighting looks just about right. One piece of advice in the future if you want to try a subject like this turn the label of the meat tenderizer away from the lens.

Yeah.. the hard thing about the photo is that I had to take it myself with the 5 sec self-timer. So I didnt have anyone helping me... it was just a one man show :)

But after I finished the shoot I realized it and I was like "OHHH WELL"
But this is something I want to try again. So just wanted to know how I should light it next time.

-Matty R-

If you have a flash then use the flash off camera for the same effect. You can do this via hotshoe extenders or something like it. It's the only way to avoid the 5 second exposures without cooking yourself under a 400watt light :)

The lighting looks spot on otherwise, if a bit bright. Like the angle, the hardness, the mood it creates. Just a tad too bright.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back