Need Help with Nikon Picture Project!!!

pinch1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have two problems with Nikon Picture Project - 1. Half of my 4000 pictures suddenly are just question marks where the thumbnails of the pictures used to be - when you click on it to open it, it says file not found. Are the pictures gone for good or is there a way to recover them.
2. I have pictures I want to delete completely out of picture project and off of my computer (I'm running out of disk space). I can't figure out how to do that. I can delete them out of the collection, but not off the computer completely.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated - Thanks!!

Where are your pictures stored? Do you have them on an external hard drive? And then forgot to plug that in when you opened the program? Or were they in a specific folder, such as "pictures" on your desktop, and you moved the folder?

Usually when you delete a file (such an an image) it goes into the Recycle Bin first........ check there to see if they got deleted somehow. If you want them back, just Restore them.

Check out if you have the program settled to open this kind of image.
Make a restart of computer. Sometimes it goes just crazy and a single restart resolves it...
If this up don't works, try to check where you are storing. Move it to a new place(like a other HDD, or a Blue ray disk/DVD disk)....

Hope it helps!

The majority of my pictures are just stored in the Picture Project program itself, not in a specific folder or external hard drive.

The majority of my pictures are just stored in the Picture Project program itself, not in a specific folder or external hard drive.
Programs like those typically create a specific folder with which the photos are stored in

I have exactly the same problem, my HD is filling up to the extent that the whole sysem is slowing down. So I copied my images from Picture Project on the HD to an external terrabyte drive. However, when I delete the images from Picture Project on the HD they do not go into the system recycle bin, I cannot find where they go so that I can totally delete them from the HD therefore freeing up more space!!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Most reactions

Back