Need Help with PS

Algoessailing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my Photoshop Elements 2.0. I am trying to print photos that were originally taken in RAW format, then saved as jpeg with Pentax photolab. After I edit the pics, they look great on my monitor. But when I print them, the resolution is terrible. Its not the printer (Epson Picture mate), because when I print pics originally taken in jpeg format, they look good. Something happens when I resize the photo down to 4x6 (originally something like 26x41). I am able to adjust the pixel/inch, but the higher I go (tried up to 600 from default 72) it seems to just blur the image. Has anyone else had this problem? Any tips? Thanks
DAve

I use Elements 1, PhotoShop 4.0 and CS and don't have the same problem.

QUESTION: What is the resolution of the image you are trying to print?

I do not resize my images. I crop from the original archived image. So for a 4x6 I crop at 4x6@300dpi.

Just increasing the image resolution from 72 upward will probably not give you great results. Suggest you crop the original image at 300 dpi and try that. Be sure to save you're 4x6 @ 300 with a different file name to preserve the original image.

Im confused. Are you resizing them up or down?
If smaller, it shouldnt make a difference, but if you're making them bigger, this will always happen.
All you're doing is stretching them out which will make them blurred and fuzzy.
If smaller, it should not make a difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back