Need Help

fatal1ty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a project for my photography group, i need to take photos with the settings on:
Aperture: F11
Shutter: 1/100
ISO: 800
White Balance: Shady

Please suggest things to take photos of with this setting? (eg. bright, dark, moving etc) My camera is a Sony A-300 DSLR with an 18-70mm lens.

Thanks in advance.

I suggest whatever's around you that will expose properly at those settings. But seriously, I think you're going to need to be outside either in a shaded area or around dusk, certainly not mid day with that ISO. 1/100 won't capture real fast motion, so most likely something standing still or moving slowly. You can probably get some things indoors as well.

I have a project for my photography group, i need to take photos with the settings on:

Please suggest things to take photos of with this setting? (eg. bright, dark, moving etc) My camera is a Sony A-300 DSLR with an 18-70mm lens.

Thanks in advance.

Don't exceed your ISO up to ISO-200 as much as possible use ISO 100-200 only
Set your White Balance to Auto (just to be safe)
Use Aperture Priority so that you don't need to set your Shutter Speed all the time... you only need to set your Aperture from f1.8 max of f16 depends on the situation.

Thanks in advance.

Don't exceed your ISO up to ISO-200 as much as possible use ISO 100-200 only
Set your White Balance to Auto (just to be safe)
Use Aperture Priority so that you don't need to set your Shutter Speed all the time... you only need to set your Aperture from f1.8 max of f16 depends on the situation.

It's an assignment from his photography group. He doesn't get to choose the settings.

F/11, 1/100 and ISO800
This settings is roughly equal to EV 11

According to Wikipedia, for EV11, you can capture

Sunsets or skyline after sunset
Indoor gallaries

Thanks for the help guys!
Error; ill be sure to remember your comment so i can use it when Im on my own but for now i need to stick to the settings that were previously mentioned.

Should i use a tripod? Can i use this to shoot in the day like sunrise too or is sunset its major point?

Thanks

OHHHH!!! this is for your assignment :lmao: well at that settings you can shoot inside the mall or a house you can also use that settings at night but not in a day time outside the building because it will give you over expose unless you set your EV

You can shoot in sunrise or sunset. As long as the light condition is about the same. The EV11 is just a guideline about how much light you have in that condition. It can be a heavily overcast during the day or a open shaded area in clear sky. Just look at your camera meter and make sure you have a correct exposure.

Tripod or not, it depends. If you are shooting with focal length set at the wide end (i.e. 18mm), it should be fine with hand held. But at the longer focal length end (i.e. 70mm), I will say use a tripod if you have one unless the Sony in-body shake reduction system can help reducing the camera shake in one or two stops.

I fail to ser why getting someone to do this would be constuctive

Maybe to learn the relationship between aperture/iso/shutter speed? I have no idea, but that would be my educated guess just from looking at the assignment.

I think if the assignment is for a manual film camera without light meter around, then it will be a good assignment for people to learn Exposure Value.

I haven't try to use a film camera without light reading meter inside of it. I use Minolta X-3000s film camera but there's a light metering inside of it to get the right exposure.

Thanks for the help again.
This is just a club and is not graded so any help is fine it is not being counter productive.
I have tried to shoot inside my house and all the photos have come up VERY dark. I tried to take a photo of a lamp but the sides were still dark while the center (the lamp) was relatively bright.

my camera isnt a film camera its a DSLR Sony Alpha Series A-300

Most reactions

New Topics

Back