Need help!

SAOPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been looking to upgrade my Canon XSi for some time now. I finally have enough money saved up, and am ready to take the plunge, yet I just haven't ordered yet! I'm ready to go, and excited... then I decide to read a little more, do some more research, etc etc. This has been going on for too long, haha.

So, I was looking between the 60D and the 7D. I've pretty much decided on the 7D, even have it in my "cart" ready for check out. I decided on the 18-135mm lens with it. (I have a 50mm 1.8 on the way, and will be getting a wide angle in the next month or so).

And then I start questioning everything again. I'm sure it's because it's such a big purchase for me, and I've been saving for a good while.

My thoughts, and this is where any guidance and/or suggestions are much appreciated!: Which one is better for me? I'll be doing portrait photography, mainly (couples, maternity, families, newborns, inside and outside). I'm interested in moving towards wedding photography eventually (doing the occasional wedding), and also real estate photography (random, I know). I want something fast, good quality, and good in low light. I want a camera I can use for years to come, not planning on trading it in anytime soon (unless of course I strike it rich with excellent photography skills, and tons of clients).

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that my decision of the 7D is a good one. I also have been planning on buying new, because that's what I've always done, and I like knowing where my stuff has been/what it's been through. Then I think about going used, and using that extra $$ towards the wide angle lens. I'm just worried I'd get a defective/beat up camera and regret not just spending the couple-few hundred more for a brand new one. Thoughts?

((I just found a 7D with 18-135mm lens, listed as refurbished, but the description says it's brand new and it's only been used to show customers. $240 less than new. Good?))

Thank you for any input!! :]

Buy the 7D. I was in the same spot as you. I coudlnt be happier with the 7D.

Thanks :] Did you buy new, used? What are your thoughts on that?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back