Need inlay design help!

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok, I am designing a bear inlay... it has to be very simple with not too many seperate pieces...
I've done this so far...(in photoshop)
bearinlay.jpg

(OK to EDIT!)

Can you even tell it's a bear? can you think of anything that would help it?

I've been staring at it too long trying to come up with something that works.... :confused:

any ideas/designs would be greatly appreciated! :D

Also, it doesn't just have to be the head.. it can be the full body. (the only problem is, it has to be small.... so I may only be able to do the head.)

k, aparently no one really cares.... lol

I trashed the bear idea.... going with this design. :D

(Photoshopped it onto the neck)
inlay2.jpg

PlasticSpanner said:
The bear looks pretty cool.:thumbup:

What's the significance of the bear?
The name of my guitar business is "Sorbera Guitars" Sorbera(my last name)... reminds a lot of people I talk to about Bears... so Bears it is! :D

That, and I couldn't think of anything else... :er:

PlasticSpanner said:
That could easily be your company logo! :thumbup:

Do you have a sticker you put inside the guitar? You could put the logo on that too!
great idea!
I've been looking for a logo. :D

Also, just thought of something.... instead of on the fingerboard... I could inlay it on the headstock. :thumbup:

Great idea Chris. :)

ok....im a little confused.....is this still for an inlay or a logo?!....also what is the inlay for?.......If its the logo then the headstock is a better idea....with the one on the fretboard, it would have to be cropped quite a bit and maybe boxed off with the full company name underneath...........i actaully quite like the bear tho!.....think you should give him a chance man! Would be interesting to see how the headstock works tho....post it up and i'll give you all the logo advice i can :thumbup:

aprilraven said:
love the bear...just add a paw print to it, and i think your done...

try that, lm.....

ahhhh, that's what I was missing!!!

I was trying to figure out how to fit that head in there without squishing it or something.... but the paw print idea is great. :thumbup:

LittleMan said:
ahhhh, that's what I was missing!!!

I was trying to figure out how to fit that head in there without squishing it or something.... but the paw print idea is great. :thumbup:

just reading your words, then seeing the smilie guy's eyebrows, and all... i just have a hard time taking anything seriously....

love the sig... and i wanna see the bear when your done..k?

i think the way you have it, and put a paw print on the left hand side would just be killer.....

i gotta see that...

aprilraven said:
just reading your words, then seeing the smilie guy's eyebrows, and all... i just have a hard time taking anything seriously....

love the sig... and i wanna see the bear when your done..k?

i think the way you have it, and put a paw print on the left hand side would just be killer.....

i gotta see that...
I'll work on it all once our little fantasy has slowed. ;)

well...with men, we are looking at the most, about 3 minutes, then.......

just kidding.......ya'll are all the type to inlay your design for hours, i know...

aprilraven said:
well...with men, we are looking at the most, about 3 minutes, then.......

just kidding.......ya'll are all the type to inlay your design for hours, i know...
well, since I'm a multitasker...

bearinlay2.jpg

:sexywink:

Most reactions

Back