Need Lens advice Please.

trades2cash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is the deal. I have a nikon d-90 with a kit lens 18mm-135mm. For general shooting the lens is okay but i have been trying to break into stock photography and this lens is not so good. Purple fringing, CA, not the sharpest focus. I shoot alot of product shots, some in a light tent some not. I need a serious piece of glass but dont really have a clue what to buy. I was relly looking at this one, Nikon 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor close up lens. I have read alot of reviews from people that like it but they are pretty much hobbist. Could anyone help me out about this lens as far as quality of picture, or recommend something for me. I dont mind paying for a quality lens, i just cant afford to buy them until i find the one i need. thanks alot in advance

nikkor micro lenses are top quality. if 105mm is the range you're looking for then you won't be dissapointed with that lens.

that's definitely a very good lens, once I get the money I'm buying one myself.

That is an awesome lens.

I was going to recomend a 17-55 f/2.8, which is around 1000 dollars, but the macro lens is a few hundred less and just as good.

You might also want to get a nice tripod and head.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back