Need some help and honest opinion's

03whipedsnake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a Nikon D40 with the kit lens an 18-55mm. here are some of my pics they were shot in auto, i really would like to learn about the manual modes so i can make different/better pictures. so here they are

BadassDaywithMustangs023-1.jpg

BadassDaywithMustangs022-1.jpg

HDRStock019.jpg

TheSuds7-19-08029.jpg

TheSuds7-19-08026.jpg

TheSuds7-19-08025.jpg

ALL comments welcome

Last edited:
&C per req:

With the exception of the blown skies, the exposure is good; always try and minimize the amount of sky in images like this when it's like that. I'm not sure if you were trying for 'creative' angles, but all of the images seem to me to need straightening. If you are going to go angles, try and avoid things that look 'wrong'; lamp posts, trees, people, etc when not straight.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

thanks guys, still need more opinion's!

#2 looks slightly overexposed. Good photos. They looks a little like snapshots, although I don't know if you were going for creative.

#2 looks slightly overexposed.

Just #2?

They're all VERY blown out esp. in skies, and I'm guessing OP was going for the creative angles but the horizons are crooked in all of them but the close up engine shot.

That being said, they were shot in auto. There's only so much I can say about the exposure. The camera did its job as far as exposure, you exposed for the cars and the skies went white as a result.

But definitely the horizons need fixing.

Just #2?

They're all VERY blown out esp. in skies, and I'm guessing you OP was going for the creative angles but the horizons are crooked in some/most of them.

That being said, they were shot in auto. There's only so much I can say about the exposure. The camera did its job as far as exposure, you exposed for the cars and the skies went white as a result.

Well, #2 just became #4. Oh well. It was the most overexposed in my opinion.

Just #2?

They're all VERY blown out esp. in skies, and I'm guessing OP was going for the creative angles but the horizons are crooked in all of them but the close up engine shot.

i added more, those were shot in M mode. what do you guys think?

Well, #2 just became #4. Oh well. It was the most overexposed in my opinion.

Yeah - #2, #4, either way.

They ALL, except the new #2 have completely white skies, peoples shirts are pure white, etc. They're all blown out in HUGE AMOUNTS except for #2, and that's mostly because there's a lot of tree cover (you can see tiny bits of white here and there behind the trees).

That out of the way, even if exposure still isn't perfect the first two (the new ones) are MUCH better as far as horizon goes.

ok thanks guys, i guess the exposure is one of the big things i need to work on

Most reactions

New Topics

Back