Need some Help and Info

DarknGorgeous

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im going to be starting my own pet photography soon. I really want to build up a portfolio first, but most of my pet photography have been of my own pets and I wanted more of a variety .My mom had suggested that I first start off by offering people free sittings and ask them if they would sign a release form so I could use their photos in my portfolio. Im not sure where I would get a release form. Would I have to make one myself and if so what should if say or look like or can one be downloaded?

Im going to be starting my own pet photography soon. I really want to build up a portfolio first, but most of my pet photography have been of my own pets and I wanted more of a variety .My mom had suggested that I first start off by offering people free sittings and ask them if they would sign a release form so I could use their photos in my portfolio. Im not sure where I would get a release form. Would I have to make one myself and if so what should if say or look like or can one be downloaded?

I think your mom has the right idea with one change. Have everyone sign a contract, I would research animal photography contracts on Google. It won't be much different than people but you have to cover biting etc. also. And wouldn't you want to use every photo you like in your portfolio???
Of course I know there are more people on her that might know more about this subject. I prefer people not pets. :D

I volunteer my time as a photographer at my local animal shelter. You are certain to find variety there. You will be able to contribute to your portfolio and also donate images to the shelter to aid them in adopting out the animals.

I feel certain that if you were to chat to the director of the shelter, you should be able to bring in your own background if space is available.

Tons of model releases abound, but here's one for you. Just adapt it for animals.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Back