Need some help on this portrait

Tulsa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, as I have asked before, and received answers. I am taking it all in, this is from same shoot as last post. I am planning on getting a bigger reflector, and fill light for background, so no need to comment on that:sexywink:

Although, my editing skills suck at portraits. I have sharpened this a bit, I plan on rotating it. I do believe I may be getting some camera shake, as my shutterspeed was low. But I would love some options on this.

In Photobucket it is showing alot lighter and softer than in PP, not sure how it will look here... EDIT, yep, white as a ghost! Not sure why its doing that!
IMG_9984.jpg

Ok, tried the Minus real quick...
Little better, but not quite

Well to the best of my knowledge, min.us doesn't modify your images at all. What you see is what you uploaded.

It could be that the color profile used in the software you use to edit your photos, is displaying the colors slightly differently than the browser.

HURRY CATCH HER SHES SLIDING OFF THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!! jk
There's always alittle bit of an issue displaying images from photobucket but I think overall the picture is nice. I think I wouldve selectively sharpened the image and left her soft except the eyes. Women and baby's with smooth skin really shouldn't be sharpened overall imo, it can make their pictures worse. But its still a nice shot.

Don't care for flickr at all. I use photobucket exclusively for sharing. I see to many people posting their images from flickr all all that shows is flickr square with some error showing up and no image.

Lets get my thread back on subject, no need to argue which is better... just looking for some tips. Thanks:mrgreen:

Photobucket doesn't alter your photos except to resize them. Do that yourself before you upload an image and Photobucket will leave your photo alone. Photobucket has a 1024 pixel size limit (same as free Flickr).

Your problem has to do with the file's embedded ICC profile. You're using Photoshop CS5 to process your images and you have the RGB color space set to Adobe 1998. That's fine, but when you view your image outside Photoshop you need to view it using software that will read and correctly process the file's ICC profile. This is where you're having trouble. You may also be encountering a difference in how the photo looks because Photoshop uses a monitor ICC profile if it finds one on your system and again other display software may not.

You can't fix the fact that much of the software used today to view photos on the Internet (like MS IE) shouldn't be permitted to display photos since it mangles them. In the meantime you'll get better results if you convert your photos to sRGB before you save and post them.

Joe

Thanks, but I am looking for editing input here, not photobucket settings.

Flickr and Photobucket are both good for what they are used for.

LOL@ where this thread is going...

Tulsa... you know what you need to do. You said it allllll in your original message. ;)
Next time though... don't cut anything off...ie. the bear.
What was your shutter speed at?

I seem to be learning from these details even if they are not exactly what you were looking for. However I did read your post to include confusion over why the photo was showing off colors when you posted. :sexywink:

OK -- I like the tilt and don't mind the bear's cropped foot.

There's no camera shake -- photo is sharp and well focused.

It's a nice photo. Here's some editing suggestions:

plaid_dress.jpg

White Balance.
Very slight saturation reduction (having 2nd thoughts).
Lower contrast on child's face and arm.
I further subdued the forehead highlight with Photoshop's History brush set to Multiply blending mode and 12% opacity.
Convert color space to sRGB before uploading to Internet.

Joe

Most reactions

Back