Need some stuff for a home studio.

Rockadile

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Seamless paper: I'm looking for 6-7ft roll but they don't seem to exist. So I'm thinking about using 26" (~2ft) and 53" (~4.5ft) roll together and edit if needed or buy 107" (~9ft) than use some kind of saw to cut it. Thoughts?

Background stands: Midwest Photo Exchange LumoPro MF613 Background Stand Kit w/12ft Crossbar

Tripod: Not familiar with this. Are there any bang for your buck tripods? It will be just for the studio.

Light modifiers: Are there stripbox and octabox for speedlights?

Thanks for the assistance, KmH.

So is that Manfrotto camera stand really $1000? That's too expensive for me.
I didn't know speedlights were efficient enough to use diffused modifiers of those size. Will it work with 3/4 and full body shots?

The size of a modifier determines what kind of shots you can make with it. Full body shots generally require modifiers that are full body size.

Many speedlights let the user zoom the speedlight head to manage the shape of the beam of light it throws. Since the head on most speedlights is rectangular, you can also rotate the head 90° so the long axis matches the shape of a strip type softbox.

A basic studio monolight needs to be at least close to 150 ws, so you're correct that a speedlight may come up a bit short on power. One way to over come the power limitations of speedlights is to use more than one at each light placement. Two 75 ws speedlights = 150 ws of light.

But if you have to do that, it's usually cheaper to just use studio monolights. >Flashpoint II 320M, 150 Watt Second AC / DC Monolight Strobe.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back