need strait advice choosing a professional camera

No offense, but perhaps you should be better off learning posing, techniques and lighting instead. Having fantastic gear will not make you a professional any more than spending lots of money on a race car qualifies you for the Indy 500.
Yeah sparky! She is a basement photographer.

Better late than never.
First -- I could swear that membership in the total GEARHEAD fraternity, the "I gotta have that newest watchamacallit or the world will end" boys, is reserved for persons of the male sex, gender and persuasion. Maybe I am wrong.
Second -- You don't need 50 MP, you don't need 25, you don't need 20. Ten or twelve will do fine unless you make huge prints which I suspect you don't.
Third -- You don't need a full frame camera. I like them. But will it really make your pictures better? On the smaller-than-full-frame cameras a lens de facto becomes something 50 percent longer and it's hard to get a real wide angle because a 20mm is 30mm on a small sensor. But do you really need a super wide angle lens? Full framers are still pricey from what I can tell and I think your money is better spent elsewhere.
Fourth -- Hunka Hunka 50 MP cameras don't necessarily compute with all your other gear and load r-e-a-l-l-y slow.
Fifth -- A professional photographer is not made by the gear he or she carries. I've worked with and against hundreds of pros from local yokels to big time, big city yokels and some of the best carry cameras that are a disgrace. They're old, they are beat up, and they are tired. But they deliver the goods day in and day out.
I ran into a young lady who was shooting photos at a Matsuri (Japanese festival) in Los Angeles and I noticed she had what looked like a shiny new Leica SLR. I'm a gearhead in the 12-step program and I commented on her camera. she said "yeah, it's the best camera in the world." I tried not to laugh. Maybe 70 years ago Leicas were right at the top but time goes by and there's plenty of competition. And breathtakingly cheaper, too. But afterwards I realized that her "best camera in the world" mantra is how she gets clients. "You simply have to hire me because I use the best camera in the world." Bullfeathers, of course.
Don't let the gearheads scare you. Flashy equipment is for dentists and rich kids.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back