Need to know how this looks.. [flower and mailbox]

Parkerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, so.. just recently i got a laptop. I took this picture.. and edited it on the laptop and i want to know how it looks to everyone else.

DSC_2202.jpg

On my desktop it appears a bit dark. I'm wanting to pick up a spyder2express sometime to calibrate with.

But yea, What problems do you see with the picture? Like i said, on the lappy it looked fine. Looking at it on my desktop [with a CRT] I would have brightened it up a tad.

*edit* and probably fix the white balance a little cause the white on the fence seems a bit warm.

I like it, with good focus at the first flower, and nice colour. I think you are trying to achieve bokeh effect here?

I would be happy with this result myself at this moment.

If you do it again with the same scene you may zoom closer or bring the camera a bit forward so the first 3 flowers fill the frame will it be good try to you?

Amazing shot Parker!
Looks perfect

The image is very busy and gives your eye nowhere to rest. I agree with passerby that if the focused flowers were a little larger, the image would work a little better. The color and lighting seem good, but the flowers do not pop (couldnt tell you how to fix this).

Yea, the main thing i was checking on was how it looked... Really need to buy a calibrating device/software because on my desktop it looks so so... Little dark. On my Laptop.. it looks really good.

I wasn't really going for any look... Was just out in the yard and took the shot... That flower is gone now.. but others bloomed.

Thanks for the comments.

A nice image, but I would crop out the mailbox; it's just one extra element that doesn't really add much IMHO.

A nice image, but I would crop out the mailbox; it's just one extra element that doesn't really add much IMHO.

Adds character to me.. So its not just "another" flower shot.

Thanks for the comment though.

The image is very busy and gives your eye nowhere to rest.

This was my first thought too, and it's unfortunate because I think the idea was good. My only suggestion would be to reshoot and either try to leave the mailbox out or use a very shallow DOF so only the first flower is in focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back