Need tripod foot for Nikon 70-200mm VR

zoogirlbc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bought this lens used and it was missing the tripod foot. Apparently the camera stores I've called can't order it in so I've been told to go to Nikon. Anyone know where else I can get one? Or will this work: Really Right Stuff - L10: Lens Plate for Nikon 70-200mm/2.8
OR does it hurt to screw my tripod mount right in to the spot where the foot would go? Tried to do some searches on it but no luck. Thanks!

I use the Manfrotto RC6 quick-release system (the big hex plates) and I've been screwing one of those to my 70-200's foot for years. If you're really desparate, it would be a pretty simple thing to make...

I use the Manfrotto RC6 quick-release system (the big hex plates) and I've been screwing one of those to my 70-200's foot for years. If you're really desparate, it would be a pretty simple thing to make...

Yes but I'm missing the foot part, can I just screw it in to wear the foot is supposed to go? Thanks!

Oh sorry, I mis-understood. You'll need the foot and that is a Nikon-only part. You can try used gear stores and eBay, but you may have to go back to Nikon.

Hm, I shot with it like that all day. Hope that didn't cause damage. It wasn't super sturdy either so I hung on to it the whole time. Good think I was only out for about 5 hours. I'll give Nikon a call...

Most reactions

Back