needed to be HDR

Wyjid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soultreephotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i've never liked the way HDR comes out to much, i mean it's cool but... ah whatever. but i was driving along and i liked this swamp so i stoped for a quick shot. the lighting however was impossible. thin cloud cover with the sun right behinde it, and a white haze covering everything. ach! shadows or blowout and nothing inbetween. so i thought, hmm i wonder if an HDR would work? so i finally relented and gave it a shot. unfortunately i didn't have a tripod so there was a bit of image misalignment due to three handheld exposures. but all in all im glad i finally found a time where an HDR was actually needed to get anything at all. any thoughts?

MWYJ6662hdrsm.jpg

Nice. I like the reflections in the water.

I really like it! I think the clouds really came out nice and the reflections are the key to this photo. All in all.. great shot and nice PP'n!

Yes, I think this one merited your attempts to create an HDR-image, though I still see a great deal of halos around your trees.

And wow, you got less mis-alignment with your three HANDHELD photos than I got with that flimsy tripod of mine upon my own first attempts at creating HDR-images (see_here for the worst example!).

I am not the one to ask.
I have only ever played around with HDR, never meaning to perfect myself. So we better wait for those in the know to come round and help.

I like it.

Beautiful country, by the way. Where in Canada are you?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back