Needing help identifying and pricing camera accessories.

BlueMelody

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently came into possesion of a box full of camera accessories. Some i believe to be valuable. Unfortunately i know pretty much nothing about photography equipment. But these items need to be sold to help a family in need.

Would anyone be willing to help me identify these items and help me figure out a total value combined? I would greatly appreciate it. I really do no know where to start. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 1516127912990-720208050.jpg
    1516127912990-720208050.jpg
    781.6 KB · Views: 176
I see a Spiratone box there, that caught my eye. However, just because people like me that collect or use vintage cameras might be interested, I don't know if it would be all that valuable (unless there's anything with Leica on it).

Is there by chance a camera swap in your area? There's an Ohio Indiana one but I don't know when the next one is. Usually people can bring camera stuff to sell as well as to buy, or can show it to dealers at the show to see if any of them are interested in buying.

Otherwise there are stores that buy and sell vintage camera stuff like Pittsburgh Camera Exchange, Central Camera in Chicago, or Used Photography Cameras & Equipment - Buy and Sell Online . I don't know if you aren't in the area of any of those places if they'd look at photos, or have you send it in for them to take a look at/make an offer, or how it would work.

The photo you've supplied pretty much only shows cases that could be anything from the 60s-80s. The item at the front on the left looks like a fairly fast moderate telephoto M42 lens but it's difficult to be sure.
Spending half an hour listing what it says on the items will help considerably. If there's no labeling on something showing the contents should give us a better idea.
Lenses usually have the manufacturer, focal length & aperture written round the front (often with the filter size & maybe a few more bits). Value of older lenses are rarely anything like what they were when new. Even in good condition many only fetch ~$30, but the best models can be much more. If I'm right about the nature of the lens it should be worth slightly more than a normal lens, but this is highly dependent on the state of the lens even a small trace of fungus on the glass makes the value drop considerably.
The squarer cases might hold a few curios of mild interest to collectors, but an old light meter & some flash filters is more likely.

Where items are named you can search e-bay's sold listings to get an idea of what they sell for, though of course listing them here should enable us to point you towards the more valuable bits.
You may even get offers for some of the bits - but probably not from me postage to the UK is likely to rule that out!

Total value combined might be $50-$100, tops...unfortunately, small, independent-branded, film camera accessories from the era shown are not worth a lot of money these days.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back