needing some help

mommaof2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love photography and i am trying to get my name out there to start a little side business. Only problem is that im not sure on how to get started. Any Suggestions? Anything will help i promise

thank you

Word of mouth. The best thing that's worked for me, and this for me so others may disagree, is doing work at extremely discounted prices or even for free just to get a name out there. Make sure you tell people why they are getting such a fair cost (normally these people are friends or acquaintances and such). What will happen, if you do a good job, is that people will think about you when they hear of people wanting something similar.
Works for bands, and apparently food photography, so i'm sure it will work with other stuff like kids, or families, pets, cups whatever. You get the idea.

good luck.

Word of mouth. The best thing that's worked for me, and this for me so others may disagree, is doing work at extremely discounted prices or even for free just to get a name out there. .

good luck.
This will get your name out there as the photographer that does it for cheap. ;)

It is much harder to raise prices than it is to offer specials and/or promotions. Use the specials for portfolio building, attracting paying clients and then more than satisfying them so they then recommend you to others. :thumbup:

Word-of-mouth advertising is best for the type of photography side business you want to have, which is a retail photography business.

One last word of advice. Be a legal business.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back