Negatives stuck together

Try a long soak in cool water, maybe with some LFN or Photoflo added, and be very, very gentle. Hopefully they will ease themselves apart with little difficulty, then hang them in a dust-free area. You might want to carefully wipe them down later with an antistatic product like FilmKleen for good measure, then store them in archival sleeves in an enclosed binder. They should be good to go for many more decades!

If someone has a better idea hopefully they'll weigh in here.

This forum has a lot of digital users but plenty of film lovers, as well. It IS where the soul of photography is, after all. :lol:

signed,

devoted film geek :mrgreen:
Hi, I, too, have several batches of stuck together 35mm negatives. Would you please be more specific about the volume of water vs Photoflo? How exact do I need to be? I really hope to save these precious negatives. Thank you!

1:200 1 part photoflo to 200 parts water is normal use. In this case you might go even thinner on the mix.
Thank you so much! Exactly what I needed.

35mm film is too small for a multipurpose flatbed scanner and the result will vary. I suggest a dedicated 35mm scanner like a Plustek scanner.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back