Neighborhood Light show

kalgra

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I know this isnt the greatest picture. Composition, exposure isnt great and there is not much of interest in the foreground BUT it is the very first time I was able to capture lightning so I was pretty exited about that. Was good practice if nothing else.

This was just a few steps out my front door.

Neighborhood light show by Kristian Algra, on Flickr

I like it, how many shots did you take to capture it? When I have been trying to capture lightening I have shot hundreds of images.

Thanks!

I want to say it was at least 30-40 maybe more I'm not really sure. My memory card was almost full so I kept deleting as I was going.

It was just as the last bit of light was about to disappear so I kept having to adjust to get the longest exposure possible. I started at about 8 seconds and eventually ended up at the max 30 seconds. I want to say this one some somewhere towards the end around 25-30 sec. The lightning was coming fast and pretty frequently so it didn't take too many tries.

Nice job. I think this photo is better than you give yourself credit for. The only thing I really don't like are the trees in the lower left foreground. Maybe you could mask those out. Did you shoot in RAW? If you did you could do a lot with this photo.

I agree with @deitzd, lose those trees. This is not just a standard lightning over water or sky only shot. Nice background mountains and sky color, pretty town all laid out including the steeple...

Nice job. I think this photo is better than you give yourself credit for. The only thing I really don't like are the trees in the lower left foreground. Maybe you could mask those out. Did you shoot in RAW? If you did you could do a lot with this photo.

Thanks! Yes I did shoot in raw. I cloned out a lot of similar shrubs and trees at the right already. When I tried to remove that big bush at the left I didn't do a very good job and it looked pretty bad. Maybe i'll give it another go. Thanks for your encouragment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back