Neon Inn

JeromeMorrow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Right in front of St. Paul's hospital in Vancouver is this iconic inn. C&C much appreciated!

2501400190_e65de0d90e.jpg

Did you wait for the sun to be in the right spot or did you move closer until you got it there?

I really like the shot. There must be some type of building behind you that reflects light which makes it not too dark... Also like the "all blue".

It all works! Good job!

Actually one of the largest buildings in Vancouver is right behind me in the shot, as for timing, I just got lucky, being there at the right time. Thank you so much for complements, I really appreciate hearing any critique. I'm trying to learn more so that I'll be able to add my own critique and detailed complements other than, "I like it."

The thing I have problems with is the pole and what appears to be power line on the right, other than that it's exposed very well and has a nice composition. Great job.

As I am honing my critique skills as well as my photographic skills I will attempt to give you my critique. I will hope that someone who knows more than I will/can correct both of us.

For one, this image is too small to view. Try posting 800 on the longest side. What I'm saying now is based upon my inability to pick out the words...thereby taking the story from the sign. It may not only be the fault of the size, it may also be the angle. If it was possible to shoot it from a higher position, or even from a little further away??? I don't know if that would work. The color lines give it a deco feel which adds interest but the blown out sky is a distraction. For me it just didn't have enough interest.

I really haven't critiqued many images and I'm just learning, so please consider the source with regard to my critique. You posted your link in the thread requesting a serious critique and this is my attempt at one.

Most reactions

Back