Nephew

Rebekah5280

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took my neice and nephew out so they could get a few pictures framed to give to their dad for father's day. I got a lot of good ones, but I would like some advice on how to make this one better (not in PP, but when I go to take more pictures)

261984_210862388951630_100000836116771_557673_2328360_n.jpg

Should I have used a fill flash to brighten up my nephew? Or a reflector? I'm not a "flash" person, just because I don't know how to use one, and I can never get the onboard flash to do anything great.

Any advice would be appreciated. Oh, and he had just broken his left arm, so there is a part of the cast showing on his left hand.

The photo is a sensitive, tender one. I think if the white balance were adjusted a little bit, and the curves adjusted a little bit, that the shot would absolutely come to life! I can understand wanting the shot to have a warm, sinlighted glow to it, but it's just a little bit off in terms of white balance; the cuff of his shirt looks kind of weirdly yellow-ish,and the overall contrast is a slight bit low. A reflector would have lightened up the closer areas in the photo, and would have made the background appear darker, by comparison. Overall, this is a pretty good photograph; it has a natural setting, the boy's shirt is a timeless,classic style that will not look dated in even 40 years, and the entirely natural setting with zero hand of man visible, and the messy, wild grasses gives a Romantic feel to it, in the sense of the artistic movement of Romanticism. This photo style has been around almost since the very,very beginning of photography. Not too much could improve upon the way you set it up and shot it,really...

Thank you Derrel!

I do like the picture. His mom (my sister-in-law) loves it. I have not experimented with curves. I will look into doing that. Thank you. :)

Great job, I think it would make a nice card for many occasions...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back