Nerdy brainteaser

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Practical joke most can do:

NaHCO[SUB]3[/SUB] (aq) <--> Na[SUP]+[/SUP](aq) + HCO[SUB]3[/SUB][SUP]-[/SUP](aq)

CH[SUB]3[/SUB]COOH (aq) <--> CH[SUB]3[/SUB]COO[SUP]-[/SUP](aq) + H[SUP]+[/SUP](aq)

HCO[SUB]3[/SUB][SUP]-[/SUP](aq) + H[SUP]+[/SUP](aq) <--> H[SUB]2[/SUB]CO[SUB]3[/SUB](aq)

H[SUB]2[/SUB]CO[SUB]3[/SUB](aq) <--> H[SUB]2[/SUB]O(l) + CO[SUB]2[/SUB](g)

happy family member picks up --> shaking --> pressure --> boom --> family member red with anger

What did I do? :D

YOu put Baking soda and vinegar in a Bottle and blew up your family member?

Nope :) but you're sort of close

.. water and carbon dioxide and sodium.... hmm that would cause a pressure buildup its in there hmm

You're thinking too advanced. All ingredients are stuff we have and that we often use...

imma mix some tobasco and ammonia and just a hint of heat and then we see something kewl :p
home made CS gas for those that don't know :D

[/QUOTE=lolondar;2408408]
home made CS[/QUOTE]

hehe, nice! is that healthy? :p[/QUOTE]

not really :D the military grade stuff does alot worse to you tho :p and it feels like shredding everything with glass hahahhaha

hmm pokemon.... VOLTORB!!!!!!!

Come on people! We all know the quickest and easiest way to blow something up is with potassium nitrate, sulphur and VERY finely ground charcoal! Add iron filings for red, copper for green etc etc :) Hmmmmm who here had a mis-spent youth playing with things he really shouldn't? hahaha :-D

p.s. After grinding the charcoal, leave it somewhere warm and dry for a month to evaporate the remains of moisture in it then grind it up again! Magnificent results!

p.p.s. Just please, be VERY VERY careful with your mix. When you get it right, it is a VERY big bang! :-D lmao

p.p.p.s. You might notice from my avatar that I like fire. and yes, I have been burnt on MORE than one occasion! All fun and games though! :)

Futurelight: you sound a bit crazy :lol:

And to answer the original riddle:

You take some natron (or baking soda), add a fair amount of this into a 70% full bottle of ketchup (which contains small amounts of acetic acid, vinegar). Leave it for victim to use. He/she then shakes really hard, reactants mixing, reactions happening, pressure in the bottle and ketchup flies everywhere :D

Most reactions

Back