Netflix pick

GooniesNeverSayDie11

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you have Netflix streaming, check out "At Close Range". Its a national geographic special ( I think it was on PBS ) that covers Joel Sartore a national geographic photographer. Rather than focusing strictly on his photography only, it goes more in depth, by showing his family and the downside to traveling the world as a photographer. Its pretty short, but I found it interesting.

On Netflix streaming it's also worth checking out 'The Presidents Photographer', "Through The Lens", and "An American Journey: In Robert Frank's Footsteps."

I actually watched The President's photographer which I really liked. I am watching through the lens as we speak. I started watching "An American Journey" but just lost interest. I will probably start it again at some point. There is some more contemporary footage on a DVD that comes with "The Complete National Geographic" CD Rom set, that takes several photos and shows how they were taken.

Haha, oh well.

Another interesting thing I found in relation to "The President's Photographer": The white house keeps an official Flickr Stream with all of the EXIF data intact. Someone broke down the most frequently used cameras and lenses Pete Souza uses based on all of the EXIF data. Someone perhaps will find THIS interesting atleast.

Top cameras and lenses used by the White House photography staff | Photodoto

I believe you can get Sally Mann"s "what remains" on Netflx. I show this to my advance students all the time and they love it.

I guess me and you are he only one's that care. ;)

I was interested, and tried to watch, but Netflix Canada doesn't have it. Or any of the other films you guys mention, sadly.
I think your topic is by default limited to American members only.....which probably explains the lack of other responses.

Ah, sorry about that folks. I own the Dvd and don't belong to Netfix, so what do I know ;)

If you have Netflix streaming, check out "At Close Range". Its a national geographic special ( I think it was on PBS ) that covers Joel Sartore a national geographic photographer. Rather than focusing strictly on his photography only, it goes more in depth, by showing his family and the downside to traveling the world as a photographer. Its pretty short, but I found it interesting.

^^^^^was a good stream.

I'm cancelling netflix, glad I caught this first. Thanks

Just an FYI, for those of you who may have Ovation with your cable package, check out their website. THey do photo programing several times a year. Sometimes for a weekend, sometimes for the whole week. A wide variety of programs, usually things like mentioned above. Shelby Adams will appear, along with Cindy Sherman , Eve Arnold, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back