Netflix?

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ANybody use it and if so - do you like it? I am wondering about delivery time for the dvds and how long it usually takes between discs? Are the discs usually in good shape when they arrive? What happens if one arrives damaged?

I used them once about five or six years ago. I got the DVD's really quick but when I sent them back, they claimed they never received it and charged me $80/movie. I had three movies so I was charged $240! Needless to say, I never used them again. My brother uses them though and seems to be ok with them. They might've gotten better since I used them too - I just don't want to risk it.

We use Blockbuster and love it! The turn around time is very quick, we've never had an issue with damaged DVDs. I know on their service if you mailed it back and they didn't get it you can just report it and I don't believe they charge you (unless it became a habit ;) )

I've been happy so far with the service and I'm still on the 2 week free trial. It only takes a day to get to me but takes a couple to get it back to them. In fact I sent back a movie on tuesday and haven't received confirmation that they received it.

voodoocat said:
In fact I sent back a movie on tuesday and haven't received confirmation that they received it.

That sucks!!! I hate to wait on anything.

Calli...$240!?! holy crap!!! why so much a dvd when they only cost $20 or less to buy brand new? That's robbery... they can't prove you never sent the dvd's back...hell it could just have been crappy employees on their end not checking things in right OR the post office simply lost the things. I would have contested that until my account was clear. I've heard okay things about them just not sure yet.

Blockbuster is a another option I didnt think about...thanks Alison.

mygrain said:
Calli...$240!?! holy crap!!! why so much a dvd when they only cost $20 or less to buy brand new? That's robbery... they can't prove you never sent the dvd's back...hell it could just have been crappy employees on their end not checking things in right OR the post office simply lost the things. I would have contested that until my account was clear. I've heard okay things about them just not sure yet.

Trust me, I was pissed! I told them it would've been cheaper to buy the movies. I argued and argued and got nowhere! So now, we don't bother renting at all. We found it cheaper to buy the movies and then sell them on ebay if we don't like them.

Well there you have it. I just received notice that a movie I sent out yesterday was received. They now have the same policy that blockbuster does and I reported it lost in the mail. So they are mailing out my next two movies, which will arrive tomorrow :D Spanglish and Limony Snickets

SWEET!!!! so voods i take it you did the 2 disc program? I wonder how they handle boxsets and tv series...are they sent out indiviually or all at once. and do they count as one rental or seperate. And what about a double disc that houses extra feature? is that a seperate rental too?

Oh and when do the newest new releases arrive...release dates are always on tuesday...so lets say i request a dvd that is due out that next tuesday..will it arrive on that tues or will ihave to wait a few days more. Sorry - im a freak.

I'm actually on the 3 disc program.

I wonder how they handle boxsets and tv series...are they sent out indiviually or all at once.
One disk is one rental. The ren and stimpy series I added to my queue is 3 disks. I just added the first disk and it queued all 3. With Cowboy Bebop there are 6 disks and had to be added seperately.

I've been using Netflix for a while and haven't had a problem. But I don't have a big voracious movie appetite. Meaning I've had movies sitting around at my house for months before I watched them. Of course that is the cool thing about Netflix. Days, weeks, months, it doesn't matter. I haven't had a problem with them, but I know it is possible. My turn around time is pretty quick (within a week), but there is a warehouse here in my hometown.

mygrain said:
Oh and when do the newest new releases arrive...release dates are always on tuesday...so lets say i request a dvd that is due out that next tuesday..will it arrive on that tues or will ihave to wait a few days more. Sorry - im a freak.
Yes, you are a freak..

Did you miss the part where I said I'm on the two week free trial??

Happy (thus far) Netflix customer here!

voodoocat said:
Yes, you are a freak..

Did you miss the part where I said I'm on the two week free trial??

must have but i caught the freak part :lol: those last bits were meant for the general public. :mrgreen: Yeah i noticed the bebop too. That was what got me thinking about the tv series rentals. so netflix offers 3 disc for $18/mth with 45000 titles to choose from and BB offers 3 disc for $15/mth with 44000 titles and with a possible upgrade or expansion into video games in the future(it's bound to happen).

...now which one has more warehouses?(this last question is me thinking aload and aimed at anyone not just voods ;) )

anybody use blockbuster?(other than ali)

BB also gives you two rentals in the store each month.
I've heard sometimes new releases are popular and might taken longer to arrive.. but I can't confirm.

Unfortunately, the bebop collection at netflix is not currently full. 3 say they are not available right now. Perhaps someone kept them.. maybe someone has them rented.. I'm not sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back