Never again.

LynziMarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I had a fun shoot today with my nieces playing in the sprinklers....
I really like messing with photos a ton in post processing, so I shot in RAW.
NEVER again. Something happened, I don't know what or why, but I lost everything... I got it onto my computer, but they're all the size of thumbnails :( I try blowing them up and it's nothing but a giant box of pixels.

I shot a wedding in RAW and had no problems (other than figuring out how to get them on the comp :D) but now something happened. I didn't mess with a thing from then to now.

is there anything that can be done? Or are these lost forever? What could have happened?

What program are you using to edit your pictures, it could be that you dont have a program that supports raw? with my photoshop Elements 4 I had to go to the adobe website and download an add on thingiy that allowed me to process RAW for the 30d, becuase the 30d came out after the program was made.

did you try getting the RAWs using a different program? its hard to believe that the actual camera saved them that way...

Sounds like your memory card might have gotten corrupted. :grumpy:

i think a small jpeg is embedded in each raw file so this may be what you are seeing....

as rachelsne said... make sure your software supports the raw files of the particular model camera you are using....

just a guess...

Hopefully its just your photo program not reading the RAW format right. I had a similar problem with one my photo programs not reading the Raw format.

(1) What is the file size of the documents you do see on the memory card?

(2) What is the directory structure leading to them (eg : D50//DCM//XXX.nef)

(3) Are they named ____.nef?

(4) What OS are you using on your computer, and what software to process the files?

When you put the memory back to your camera, are you able to seem them again? If yes, are you able to zoom in and out with the camera?

I'm using Photoshop CS2....
this can't open them....
I'm confuzzled haha

I'm bummed too, it was my first stuff with my fancy new polarizing fliter :)
I can see them in my camera, and they look just right.

from what I can tell, they are 5.65 MB and .nef

this is what it looks like when I pull it up on my computer
aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

when I try to make it bigger, it is nothing but pixels... terrible! and that black border appeared out of nowhere

Thank you all SO much for your help!!
I downloaded the plug-in I needed, and I got it figured out!!!

OMIGOSH! I'm soooo stoked, you have no idea... okay maybe you do... but still :D

Thanks again!!

lol... your computer is not seeing the RAW file, just the integrated tiny JPG that is in all RAW files!

Install a software that reads RAW files (like the one that comes with your camera or Adobe Camera RAW), and enjoy your full sized pics.

I hope you did not delete the original RAW files?!?!?

EDIT: OOps, I like to see that I was right... I am very glad you worked things out. :D

Most reactions

Back