New 10.5mm Fisheye

Naicidrac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
I just gor my new fisheye yesterday and I am having a good time so far. Here is an image from my first photo session with the new lens.

Atch-Ya.jpg

hmm, is the mask against the terrible stench from the fisheye ?

:p

funny image, nice play with colours afterwards.

THat is some funny post production, it reminds me of the book shot.

Yes I know. I use the living room kind of as my studio. I didn't want to set up all my flashes in some field at first, too much work when I just wanted to play with the new fisheye. This was kind of a tryout to get things right, then I will take my equipment out in the field and set up for an outside shot. Thanks for the comments.

Do I detect a mild "woodsac-inspiration" in this one, maybe???

Thaks, I guess that is a compliment. I have been into photography and cartoon esq style photos long before I heard about woodsac. Yes I am influenced and impressed by his work, but I have my own ideas. Does he use a Russian gas mask or something? I know he does a lot of HDR, but this is one single shot using speedlight flashes. The mask was actually influenced by an Icelandic band called Sigur Ros. I am a big fan of their music and they use the Russian style gas mask in a video of theirs. I am having a good time with my new fisheye. My next day off whenever that is, I will be taking some HDR's with my fisheye. I can't wait. Thanks for the replies, are there any more?

Bump----are there any more final thoughts on my work?

With this being one shot (I'm sure you have been asked this a million times), what is the PP done? I really like the effect.

Well done, I like this shot!!

Well the most important thing in this shot and in all of photography is lighting. I used two speedlight flashes that are placed camera left and right to get the lighting correct. This was just shot on my couch at home and normally I use the light coming from the outside window placed just behind the couch, but in this shot I covered it with a black sheet. That is the foundation and the most important part, tru there is a lot of pp, but if oyu don't start with the correct foundation you won't get the desired effect. As far as ps goes, man where should I begin? I have been working on this effect for months and I have done so many things that I had to make actions. Here are the main things I do, tweak levels, curves, selective color, tons of skin retouching, black sketch with gaussian blur behind the image then I play with the opacity. I play with the local contrast, shadow/highlight, unsharp mask, etc.... I really don't have specifics because each one is a little different. This may sound like a lot, but I have gotten very fast with my workflow. Thanks for the intrest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back