I will try to find a photoshop on youtube, I have looked before but for my version they have all been just with music, but I will look again and maybe just try to deal with it as I know I really need to learn it! I can't afford $150 right now, but I can sure save up and maybe by the time I learn my photoshop I will have enough for the lightroom. I will look into a flash, I do have a Sunpak Auto 433 D Thyristor Electronic, Flash Unit from my dad's Canon, don't know if it still works as its from 1983 (I am looking at the owners manual right now that is how I know how old it is haha) but yea I will look into a flash, I so have a diffuser for the flash that is on my camera, don't know how much of a difference that flash would really make though.
ok, I took a lot of photos, I am going to post a lot for this one (19) because I really want to show what I was doing (I am going to number them 1-19 so it should be easier I hope if you are just explaining something)
1.
I am going to start with the portraits
[/URL]
smaller 8584 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
2.
[/URL]
smaller 8585 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
3.
I was trying to recreate that 1st photo I took, and I think this is so much better with the tips you all have told me!
[/URL]
smaller 8586 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
4.
I was wondering about this one, if I could either edit it to lighten it or if I should have done something with the exposure or what I did wrong
[/URL]
smaller 8590 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
5.
please butcher this one! I think its really good so I want to know what is bad!!
[/URL]
smaller 8597 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
6.
this one too, probably same as the one above though as far as what is wrong with it
[/URL]
smaller 8602 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
7.
here is another of me trying to recreate the 1st photo, I think it is a lot better also, don't think the angle is good though
[/URL]
smaller 8626 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
8.
and this one too, I think the background is my major problem but with the F stop so high it really blurs it well
[/URL]
smaller 8628 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
9.
this one I have no clue why it came out so dark! can you explain it to me?
[/URL]
smaller 8583 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
10.
and though I think I did bad on the edge (not leaving enough blank space infront of his nose!) I think the photo is funny but at the same time dull...is this one that messing with the color balance would help? if so can ya mess with it and tell me what you changed +- so I can better understand how to mess with it (I know its really a practice thing but I truely am one that fails at what colors mix to make what, I was not good at the color wheel in art and its something that just doesn't stay in my head)
[/URL]
smaller 8656 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
11.
last of the portrait style is one of my boy in the shade I thought it came out really well and I really like the color, I do wish I could just erase the background in all my photos though!
[/URL]
smaller 8642 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
12.
ok now for the really important (to me) questions! how can I take better action shots! should I have lowered the f stop more? messed with the exposure? what!
[/URL]
smaller 8616 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
13.
this one isn't as bad BUT he was moving so much slower!
[/URL]
smaller 8636 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
14.
this one he was moving fast (I was messing with settings on all this so they are probably all over the place because I was trying to figure out what way was better but couldn't see the photos in the sunlight very well but was hoping I would land on a good setting to figure out where it needed to be around)
[/URL]
smaller 8643 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
15.
this one is odd to me, I don't know why but yea, he is in but out of focus to me, did I just miss him when I snapped it? I really wish this one would have come out and its the only reason I saved and am even posting it lol
[/URL]
smaller 8648 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
16.
and this one came out but looks off to me, can you explain why or is it just me?
[/URL]
smaller 8650 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
17.
this one came out great BUT is to dark, guess the adjustments in edit would help but what would have helped at the taking of the photo?
[/URL]
smaller 8651 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
18.
think this is one of the best action shots I took, he is in focus and the lighting is ok!
[/URL]
smaller 8657 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
19.
and this one is ok (sorry its his butt)
[/URL]
smaller 8662 by
cowrunning, on Flickr[/IMG]
thank you for all your help! I am so glad I am learning how to be better at photography, I have no idea why I didn't just join a photography forum the day I got my DSLR!